The following principles govern websites and applications owned and operated by TransWest. These principles may or may not apply to any other websites of other entities to which we may provide links. TransWest is not responsible, and cannot control the privacy practices or content of any other website.
- TransWest collects PII when you register with TransWest for the following purposes:
- to access and use the products and services you or your company have ordered for your use from TransWest;
- to maintain accounting and billing contact information and other financial records;
- to customize the advertising and content available on our website;
- to contact you regarding our services.
- When you register with TransWest, we may ask for your name, email address, physical address, telephone numbers and, in some cases credit card information when you order services online. TransWest may store this information on behalf of our customers as necessary to fulfill our obligations to our customers. TransWest requires that all such customers use, hold and process such PII in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- TransWest also automatically receives and records information regarding your IP address, cookie information, and the page(s) you requested.
- TransWest routinely collects information that cannot be identified to a particular individual such as time-stamps and logs events. This data is used for accounting/billing purposes as well as for performance and optimization of the TransWest services.
Retention and Relevance
- TransWest may use and retain your PII when you use this website or other TransWest applications, or services. TransWest may also receive PII from its business partners.
- TransWest retains the PII that it collects only for the period of time such information is required to achieve the purposes set forth above. Generally, the retention period, will not be greater than two years after you cease to be an active customer depending on the purpose and any regulatory or audit requirements (e.g., financial records may be retained for a longer period to satisfy audit requirements).
- TransWest uses and retains only your PII which is directly relevant to the purpose for which it is collected. This information is retained as you provide it, but will be updated when you notify us of changes in order to maintain its accuracy.
- TransWest assumes no independent responsibility to verify the accuracy or currency of any PII.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- TransWest will not sell or rent your PII except as authorized under this policy.
- TransWest will send PII about you to other companies or people only when:
- TransWest has your consent to share the information;
- TransWest needs to share your information to provide the application or service you have requested;
- TransWest needs to send the information to companies who work on behalf of TransWest in order to provide an TransWest application or service or to otherwise assist TransWest with its business activities;
- TransWest determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it is necessary to transmit your PII to respond to subpoenas, court orders or engage in the legal process.
Corrections or Modifications to PII
You can direct TransWest to edit, correct, or erase your PII, at any time, except as otherwise provided for in this policy. To request such account maintenance, send your email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also indicate that you do not wish to receive messages from TransWest regarding our services or update your information relating to such messages at email@example.com. Following your request for either type of data editing, your information will be changed within a reasonable amount of time in TransWest’s databases after we receive the information necessary to process your request.
TransWest strongly recommends that you carefully guard any passwords issued by TransWest for use of the websites or applications. TransWest is not responsible for any unauthorized acquisition and use of passwords.